Government has announced some key changes to the COVID-19 Protection Framework, or Traffic Light System.
From 11.59pm on 25 March:
- There will be no limits for outdoor activities, such as gatherings and events, and food and drink businesses
- The limit for indoor gatherings and events is increased to 200 people — Vaccine Passes must be used until 11:59pm on 4 April
- If Vaccine Passes are not used, the gathering limits remain unchanged
- People do not need to wear a face mask outdoors
- Other face mask rules remain unchanged — face masks are still required in most indoor settings
- People will no longer need to scan in
- Business will no longer need to display a QR code poster or have mandatory record keeping.
From 11.59pm on 4 April:
- Vaccine passes will no longer be required
- Some government vaccine mandates for workers will be removed
- Workers that will still be covered by a government vaccine mandate include health and disability sector workers, prison staff and border workers.
Aotearoa New Zealand remains at the Red Traffic Light setting.