You can apply at any time as there is no closing date, the fund is permanently open. Generally, we will notify you about your application within twelve weeks of submission. Please apply well in advance.
How to make an application
You will need to fill in a funding application. Your project must support the purpose and one of the priorities of the fund. You can make more than one request in a year.
New Zealand communities are welcoming and inclusive, and ethnic communities connect and take part in society.
The priorities of the Fund are:
- grow a socially inclusive Aotearoa New Zealand,
- educate New Zealanders about the contribution/benefits of ethnic communities,
- develop capability and ability within ethnic communities,
- encourage participation in employment and society, including via community employment initiatives,
- support ethnic community-led development projects,
- support ethnic communities to thrive through the practice and celebration of culture,
- support alternative means for ethnic communities to stay socially connected, and
- improve community resilience and support their recovery from COVID-19.
- Groups with legal status (including trusts and incorporated societies) can apply for over $10,000. Groups without legal status can apply for up to $10,000.
We do not fund:
- grants to individuals
- grants for capital works
- already completed projects
- debt repayment
- activities intended to generate profit
- operational or business as usual costs
- businesses for profit, political goals, or religious ministry
- projects to raise money
- alcohol or similar substances.
See further information about applying for funding.