Government grants for recovery support
The Government is providing $25 million in recovery support to businesses in seven regions affected by Cyclone Gabrielle and January floods in the North Island.
The grants are to help businesses:
- continue operating and to position themselves for a successful recovery
- maintain cashflow
You can apply if you are self-employed, a sole trader, or an employer - no matter how many people you employee.
For more information on the criteria and how to apply, visit the Ministry for Business, Innovation and Employment's website.
Auckland Back to Work Grants to Support Business Recovery
The Auckland Business Chamber is accepting applications for Back to Work grants.
The grants are part of the Government’s $5 million package of emergency support to help Auckland businesses significantly affected by the Auckland Anniversary weekend flooding.
For information on the criteria or to apply visit the Auckland Chamber website.
Farmer and grower recovery support
The Government is providing $25 million for farmers and growers to undertake urgent work, including fencing, and clearing silt to save trees and vines.
The fund includes:
- up to $10,000 for pastoral and arable farmers to help with initial recovery, such as repairs to water infrastructure for livestock, and fencing
- up to $2,000 per hectare (up to a maximum of $40,000) to remove silt from trees and vines, support clean-up, and minimise future losses.
The Government is also providing an initial $4 million to help rural communities with immediate recovery efforts.
For information on the fund and to apply, visit Ministry for Primary Industry’s website.
Mental health and wellbeing support
Business owners and managers impacted by the recent weather events can get professional mental health support from qualified health and wellbeing providers. The government reinstated this service following the Auckland flooding and Cyclone Gabrielle.
To find out more about the support and to apply, check out the First Steps website.
Helpline for Auckland businesses
This service is for small business owners in Auckland, searching for information and support around the recent weather events. The Business Helpline and the online Activate Community aim to connect business owners and managers with information, support, and links to experts and resources.
For more information:
- Call the helpline on 0800 500 362
- Email email@example.com
- Or visit the online Activate Business Community at www.activatecommunity.co.nz to access up to date resources, conversations, and updates on the available resources.