Please read the following information carefully and, if your project fits within the fund’s purpose and priorities, apply via the button below.
For your application to be successful, your project must support the purpose and at least one of the priorities of the fund.
The Fund aims to ensure ethnic communities can fully participate in Aotearoa New Zealand's society by increasing their confidence using digital technologies.
The priorities of the Fund are to ensure that our communities:
- have the skills and digital know-how to use digital technology and the internet in ways that are appropriate and beneficial;
- are motivated to understand how digital technology and the internet can help them connect, learn or access opportunities;
- trust the internet and online services and have the confidence and digital literacy to manage personal information.
We will give special consideration to:
- Applications that show collaboration with other organisations or community groups.
- Ethnic community-led projects and initiatives that can prove the benefits to one or more of the following groups:
- not in education or training, or unemployed;
- people living with a disability;
- new migrants/former-refugees (in New Zealand less than 5 years); and
- offenders and ex-offenders.
Applications open on Monday 28 March 2022 and closed on 23 May 2022. There is a total of $200,000 available through this fund. Decisions will be made after the closing date, and fund applicants will be notified by email of the outcome in June.
Before applying please read this additional information about evaluation, reporting and the expenses we might or might not cover through this fund.