Successful applicants will need to evaluate their projects against one or more priorities of the Fund.
We have developed an evaluation framework to provide more details on the priorities.
Your project must cover at least one priority, and it should address one or more aspect. Please see the ‘How we will measure this’ section of the evaluation framework.
If your project is training
This applies if your project involves delivering a training programme to participants.
We have designed a pre and post self-assessment tool for participants in your programme to fill out. The questionnaires will help you estimate your participants’ skill level in digital technology. It will also enable us to understand the impact of your project. Please include aggregated data from the completed questionnaires in your final report to us.
Please note we do not fund:
- Applications focused on ‘Access’ including accessibility of content, affordability of devices and connection, and connectivity (having the infrastructure).
- Applications that better fit under the Ethnic Communities Development Fund.
- Multiple applications from one applicant.
- Grants to individuals.
- Grants for capital works.
- Already completed projects.
- Debt repayment.
- Activities intended to generate profit.
- Businesses for profit, political goals, or religious ministry.
- Projects to raise money.
- Alcohol or similar substances.
Examples of what expenses we may and may not fund:
|Expenses we may fund||Expenses we will not fund|
Payment for renting digital equipment such as smartphones, laptops and PC’s for training workshops.
|Applications focused on the purchase of digital equipment/software/IT security, upgrading of equipment and/or software/apps/content; payment of internet and data.|
Payment for a trainer/tutor to deliver the project.
|Payment for media production and or posting and or developing ethnic language digitally.|
Payment for venue hire for face to face training workshops.
|Payment for advertising/promotion of the project.|
|Payment towards course delivery fee.||Payment for entertainment such as catering and gifts for attendees.|
Payment for training material (workbooks/pamphlets) for training workshops.
|Teaching how to use electronic homeware.|
|Increasing digital outreach for an organisation and or upskilling its own employees.|